Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Susan, Laura B., Tim K., Spencer C., and Gary M.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday. If you are like me then you are spending this week burning a few extra calories but it was well worth it.
We took the kids up to WolfCreek, CO for some early season snow skiing. It was a nice break from the Tri training. However, Susan and I did run in a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day in Pagosa Springs. It was a beautiful bluebird day and a "balmy" 15 degrees. The elevation of  7700ft made it a little tough too. Susan really impressed me on this run because in all the chaos of packing for 3 kids, she brought two running shoes from her closet but they were both for the left foot. She ended up borrowing my Mom's "clod hopper" hiking shoes to do the run. She came in just a few minutes behind me during the race, proving once again how her determination can accomplish quite a lot. Something for me to remember and learn from over the next few months when I hit some "road blocks".
Next time I will introduce my coach , Tim Key.

Have a great day and thanks for the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment