Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Susan, Laura B., Tim K., Spencer C., and Gary M.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Proud of their Pops

You know I wasn't sure how my kids would feel about this adventure but here is a story that gave me an idea of what they think so far. We were flying home from Austin after my Horns lost another home game. My 9 year old, Hudson, is known for his very sweet demeanor and warm heart. He noticed a group of  U.S. Servicemen flying back home from Iraq. It wasn't long before he was asking us if he could go talk with them. He went up to the guys and said "Thank you for serving us". They were touched and one of them peeled off  his velcro American Flag from his uniform and handed it to Huddie. The next words out of my sons mouth were " you know my Dad is doing an Ironman". I wasn't ready for that one but I guess they are proud of me , so now the pressure is really on.

I'm glad you're with me on this journey.

Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment