Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Susan, Laura B., Tim K., Spencer C., and Gary M.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

14 days left / Playlist

The countdown is on and two weeks from now I will be in the water swimming with 2500 other triathletes. Coach Tim called me yesterday to check in and I told him that I actually feel the best I have ever felt. We discussed his recommendations regarding training and nutrition leading up to race day. He says that my 40 yr old body is at its peak conditioning - but also close to the breaking point which could lead to injury. He wants me to do the workouts as he plans but if my body tells me to rest then I need to listen to it. He also wants me to limit my carbs for the next 14 days.  This will stabilize my blood sugar and he warned me that my appetite will still be high but my workouts will be less so watch the calories too.

Many of you have asked me if I am starting to taper my workouts so here is the schedule for the final 2 weeks ( doesn't really taper until race week):

Saturday: 5 hr bike ride with 20 min transition run after
Sunday: 3000 yd continuous swim, 2 hr run
Monday: 50 min run
Tuesday: 2 hr bike, Swim (distance pending)
Wednesday: 1hr run
Thursday: 2hr bike, Swim  (dist. pending)
Friday: 1hr run

Saturday: 2hr bike
Sunday: Swim 2000yds, 1hr bike, 30min run
Monday: Swim (dist. pending), 20min run
Tuesday: Swim (dist. pending), 1hr bike, 25min run
Wednesday: OFF , Fly to Houston
Thursday: 40min bike, 20min run
Friday: Open water swim practice at Lake Woodlands

Saturday: RACE DAY

This is also a good time for me to thank all of you that have given me songs that keep you motivated during exercise. I really do appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas with me. Here is the playlist that you made:

Angels & Airwaves- Call to Arms
B.o.B- Don't Let Me Fall, Magic
Beyonce- Irreplaceable
Black Sabbath- Ironman
Cage the Elephant- In One Ear, Shake me Down
Eminem- Till I Collapse
Fee- All Because of Jesus
G. Love- Fixin to Die album
Jack's Mannequin- I'm Ready, The Resolution
Jay Sean- Down
Kanye West- Stronger
Lifehouse- All In
Linkin Park- In the End, New Divide, When They Come for Me
The Matches- Wake the Sun
Mumford and Sons- The Cave
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- Disconnected, Damn Regret
Rise Against- Last Chance Blueprint
Sigur Ros- Festival (127 hrs Soundtrack)
Something Corporate- Watch the Sky
TobyMac- Lose My Soul
U2- Beautiful Day

I have added my favorites from : Beyonce (Halo), The Black Keys, Bravery, Broken Bells, Bruno Mars(Grenade), Carolina Liar, Circa Survive ( I Felt Free), The Features, Incubus (Drive), Jay-Z ( Empire State of Mind), Julian Casablancas (Out of the Blue/11th Dimension), Last of The Mohicans (Promontory), Middle Class Rut (New Low), My Morning Jacket, Rogue Wave, A Silent Film ( You Will Leave a Mark), Spoon (I Summon You / Is Love Forever), T.I. (Live Your Life), Taio Cruz (Dynamite), Two Door Cinema Club, White Rabbits, and Young the Giant ( My Body has been a good one for me).

William and Gary on one of our 5hr rides. This pic gives a new meaning to "as far as the eye can see".


 Susan took me to Dallas to celebrate my 40th Birthday this week. We had some good runs together on the Katy Trail which is a railroad track converted to a hike and bike path through town.  
Have a great week and thanks for the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment