Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Susan, Laura B., Tim K., Spencer C., and Gary M.

Monday, February 21, 2011

24 hours

Saturday was a great 24 hours.

The training schedule called for a long trail run so Gary, William and I met at the Palo Duro Canyon State Park when the gates opened at 8am. If you are not from Amarillo, the canyon  is the 2nd largest in the U.S. behind the Grand Canyon.  Spending time in nature has always brought me closer to God, and I know that is why I really enjoy training outdoors.  We ran the trails for 2 hours/13 miles talking and catching up with each other (really just laughing a lot at Gary's stories). Time spent exercising always goes by faster and easier when I do it with friends. After the run we were supposed to ride our mountain bikes for an hour, but I had to head to the airport instead.

                                          Gary and William on the Lighthouse Trail.

For Christmas, I got Susan a gift that I was incredibly excited about.  Tickets to see The Black Keys at the new Cosmopolitan Hotel in Vegas for a Saturday night concert. Now, despite the fact that Susan has never heard of the band, well, that's beside the point. If you know Susan, she was game. The show was AMAZING, and she is now a big Black Keys fan: they have a great bluesy-alternative rock sound. Their set list included some of my favorites : Meet Me In The City, Everlasting Life, Howlin' For You, Next Girl, I Got Mine, Strange Times, I'll Be Your Man, and Tighten Up (#1 for me). 

                                         The Black Keys concert in the Chelsea Ballroom.

"Sin City" is not a place that I like to visit often, in fact, I did not bet a dime.  However, it allowed Susan and me to have some fun time together.  We were only gone 24 hours, but I'll hand it to Vegas - you can really have a blast in a short period of time.

Have a great week and thanks for visiting. Enjoy some pictures we took that made us laugh during our stay.
Sloan





1 comment:

  1. Great post, Sloan! Love the juxtaposition of the nature run with the visit to sin city! Quite a weekend!

    ReplyDelete