Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Susan, Laura B., Tim K., Spencer C., and Gary M.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Snow Day

When my friends told me they were going to train for this Inaugural Texas Ironman, I thought they were nuts because we all know how the Amarillo weather January through March can be such a beat down with wind and snow. You can't take a break during these critical months for a race that's scheduled in May.

Sure enough, the other morning I needed to get a 90 minute run in and when I woke up at 5am to single digit temperatures, this is what I saw in my backyard.

No surprise when I called the Downtown Athletic Club to see if they were open and Andrew Chaddick answered the call. "Sure we're open, come on down. The roads aren't too bad." was his report. Andrew gets credit for running an outstanding fitness club but also for having the idea for me to write this blog.

Only the die hard morning crew made it in that day. Maybe I have more dedication than brains since the schools and even my medical office ended up closing for the day.

That's my good bud, Spencer, on the spin bike with yours truly pounding away on the treadmill. It seems that the DAC is my home away from home these days even with the arctic weather.
I will admit that there is nothing more beautiful than 6 inches of new snow on a sunny day regardless of what it does to triathlon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment